Attorney John C. Penn"I Believe Collaboration and Trust Are Critical Seeds Of Success."
John C. Penn
John C. Penn represents emerging growth, middle market and public companies and investment firms in connection with their corporate, securities, financing, borrowing, merger & acquisition and other legal matters. He also advises banks and other financial institutions with respect to regulatory matters, including the Volcker Rule.
Mr. Penn is a member of:
- Long Island Metro Business Action;
- Long Island Capital Alliance; and
- Suffolk County Bar Association.
Mr. Penn has authored the following articles:
- The Evolution of the Best Price Rule, Deallawyers.com/interview (Nov. 2004);
- The “All Holders-Best Price Rule”: Varying Interpretations Merit Clarification, The M&A Lawyer (Mar. 2003); and
- Sexual Harassment Proscriptive Policies of the European Community, Ireland and New Zealand, The American University Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law 6, No. 1 (Fall 1997).
Mr. Penn was formerly:
- Special Counsel at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Corporation Finance, Office of Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Managing Director and Senior Counsel at RBC Capital Markets, LLC.
- Associate at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman.
Mr. Penn received a:
- J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1997, where he served as:.
- Senior Editor of The Comparative Labor Law Journal; and
- Associate Editor of The University of Pennsylvania Journal of Law & Social Change.
- B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Maryland in 1994.
“…John has an incredible work ethic and is really super smart!”