Attorney Jeffrey D. Welsh"I Believe in bringing people together to combine the power of cannabis and entertainment."
Jeffrey D. Welsh
Jeffrey D. Welsh is special counsel to Kaufman McGowan PLLC, Corporate & Securities Counsel to the Cannabis Industry™ and leads our cannabis entertainment practice. His practice focuses on advising companies, brands, entertainment and media properties, other law firms and investors in the California cannabis marketplace. He is one of the leading cannabis entertainment lawyers in the USA and a fixture of the California cannabis legal community.
Widely recognized as a thought leader in the cannabis and entertainment communities, Mr. Welsh frequently speaks at cannabis industry events throughout Southern California and has authored numerous publications relating to the cannabis industry. He is also a professional saxophonist known to rock any venue at which he performs.
Mr. Welsh was named a Top 100 Cannabis Leader by Green Entrepreneur in 2018.
Mr. Welsh formerly:
- Co-founded Frontera Law Group, a pioneering Los Angeles-based cannabis law firm.
- Co-founded Composite, a full-service creative agency, which helps guide and grow brands in the state-legal cannabis industry, specializing in creative and content production, marketing research and strategy, and product development.
- Worked in Corporate Business Affairs at William Morris Endeavor, now WME|IMG, the largest talent agency in the world.
Mr. Welsh received a:
- J.D. from Pepperdine University School of Law in 2013.
- Masters of Music from University of Southern California in 2009.
- B.A. from University of Hartford in 2007.
Mr. Welsh is admitted to practice law in the State of California.
“…Jeff’s deep understanding of the cannabis industry, enormous network of talent and creative thinking provides his clients with incredibly valuable solutions.”